Saturday, August 30, 2008

Peanut Butter Monkey Bread


Monkey Bread is an extremely versatile dish. It is great as a dessert, breakfast item or snack. It is also very easy to make. There are very few ingredients and prep time is minimal. It is a common recipe, but I add peanut butter to make mine a little extra special. This creates a unique taste unlike traditional cinnamon roll tasting Monkey Bread. The other night I had a sweet tooth but I was not in the mood to spend a long time in the kitchen. The remedy--Monkey Bread! It was great the next few mornings for breakfast too!

SERVES 2-4

Ingredients:
  • 4 cans refrigerator biscuits
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • .5 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar
Cookware/Utensils:
  • bundt pan
  • small saucepan
  • medium glass bowl
  • wooden spoon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cinnamon and sugar to a medium size glass bowl. Tear each biscuit into 4 or 5 pieces. Add biscuit pieces to bowl, several at a time; coat well with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place pieces in a buttered bundt pan.

Bring brown sugar, confectioners sugar, peanut butter and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes, then pour over biscuits. Bake for 45 minutes until the top becomes golden brown. Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cut and serve in slices or pull away and eat bite by bite.

***This will serve breakfast or brunch for 2 people, twice. For this reason I like to call it a weekender. A weekender is a breakfast or brunch item that can be eaten on Saturday and Sunday morning.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, this looks like my kind of "bread." I will be making this.

the Aspirant Abecedarian said...

It is fantastic. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Unknown said...

Delicious! I've heard of monkey bread, but haven't had it with peanut butter :)! It sounds tasty and fun. I'd like to include your recipe on our blog. Please let me know if you are interested.

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com

Michelle said...

Ever since the peanut scare, I've been craving any thing peanut! I've used peanut twice in the last week!

I've got an award for you and it's in my Brown Bubble Frosting post. You can pick it up any time.

MaryBeth said...

I am so glad that you stopped in for a visit on my site because if you hadn't I would have never seen peanut butter monkey bread...OMG this looks out of this world good!

camera obscura said...

please resume this blog or i'll be forced to start my own based on dining for two!!

Jennifer said...

I love monkey bread and all things peanut butter...together is such a great idea! Cant wait to try to make this!

sillyduck said...

I made this, but put half of a mini peanut butter cup in wach little piece of biscut. It was pretty awesome. :)

Unknown said...

OMG this was sinfully delicious! thank you so much for posting!