Saturday, July 26, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

I have only ever made this recipe twice. The first time I made it was three years ago and while it received rave reviews I have not made it recently because my partner in everything food is not a peanut butter fan (except on celery). I recently needed to make a dish for a carry-in luncheon at work and I did not feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. After a lot of stress and contemplation about what to make it came to me...peanut butter pie! This dessert was a hit. Do not let the fact that I have only made this pie twice deter you from making it yourself. I can promise that it is delicious. I am also not afraid to say that this is a perfect summer dessert. Yes, I know, when you think of a summer dessert your thoughts probably go right to a dish containing some sort of berry. Peanut butter seems thick, heavy and unappealing during the summer months right? This pie will prove you wrong. In fact, I would describe it as a light, refreshing dessert. That's right. I said it. Refreshing. C'mon, you know you want to give it a try!

YIELDS 8-10 slices

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • .5 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
  • 16 oz cool whip
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust (store bought or homemade)
  • 1 REESE'S peanut butter cup

Cookware/Utensils:

  • 9 inch pie pan
  • medium bowl
  • electric mixer
  • spatula
  • grater or zester

In medium bowl add cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter and cool whip. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Using a spatula place the creamy mixture into pie crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Grate peanut butter cup over top of pie before serving.











***While this is a blog dedicated to cooking for two, I feel that it is sometimes important to share recipes that can accommodate a larger crowd. We all find ourselves in situations where we need to entertain or feed a larger group of people. I will confess, this pie is so yummy that it would be easy for two people to grab a couple of forks and enjoy it all by themselves!

5 comments:

Sam Sotiropoulos said...

I have never heard of a peanut butter pie... looks and sounds decadent! Yum. Thankfully I am not allergic to peanuts so I can definitely give this puppy a whirl. Merci!

Dragon said...

So gooey and good. Yum!

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

That looks absolutely delicious!! And strangely enough, it does sound quite light for summer.

test it comm said...

This sounds really good!

MaryBeth said...

I love a good peanut butter pie....